07 August 2013

not quite strangers

do you know
the kind of feeling
the kind of emotion
when you see someone
and you recognise
their face
their hair
but they're no friends
they're just someone
you've seen at school
or maybe at a certain place
every single time
but you never talked

and the thing is
you know that he knows
of your existence
and somehow his
facial expression
shows that he does know
who you are but
yet you're still strangers


and every single time
it makes me recall
every memory i have
of that person
and all the chances
i had to go up forward
to that person and
start the conversation

all that's left to say is
"damn
i really wished
i knew that person"
and i wonder if he
ever does feel that way
about me too
he is adorable and
sits in front of me
everyday in school
no doubt


during morning assembly

he looks at me
i look back
there is this weird connection
which is not quite
explainable because
i know someone
but we're not friends
and i am just dying
to know him but
it's hard to be the
first person to speak up
because if i can't
like myself
it is simply audacious
of me to think that
maybe someone
might be interested
in knowing me better


i've known many people
who aren't my friends
but no maybe has
ever captured your attention
as much as others did
and it's so hard to
go on with life thinking
how different it
might have be if
i had known
that person and he
played an important
role in my life


and what if he was
the one who was able
to maybe me smile
and that this sadness
might not have ever
existed and maybe
he was the reason
why i never cried myself
or hated myself
and what if because of him
i never fell in love
with (writing) poetry
and this string of words
never existed and
nothing that i have
ever written existed
and no one knew me
and i never met
all these wonderful
people by chance?


what if
what if
what if


maybe i really am
over thinking
maybe i am just
really tired and i
really do need
to get some sleep
or maybe he really
wished that me
knew me too

2 comments:

  1. love it. totally relate to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so perfect and i can totally relate to it thank you x

    ReplyDelete