11 July 2013

a poem for this boy

this poem is for the boy
oh so mysterious
just like the moon
with a part of him always hidden away
i wished i could be there
to see the side of you
that no one knew
the one that cried till
the wee hours of the morning
over this girl who stole your heart
and never returned it
i want to see you at 3am
when everyone in the house
is all fast asleep
while you lay there staring at the ceiling
wishing she was yours

i remember the time
you confessed your feelings
and showed your crooked soul
to me and it made me
hold you even closer
even tighter in my heart
and you didn't know how
the littlest things you told me
formed my world:
the moon
the sun
and all the twinkling stars

and everyone told me
that i shouldn't waste my time
on someone who couldn't let go
and at times i wondered why i did
maybe it waa because
a part of me was just wishing that
you would realise that i was the one
here from the beginning to end
and maybe
hopefully fall in love with me
but you loved her too much
to make that possible
and i want to give up

but thoughts of being able
to take away a fraction of your pain
to save your tears when
you can no longer hold it
and to assure myself that
the next time i see you
that smile wouldn't fade away
it will stay on your face
even if it was by force
it would look real enough
to make me believe
that it was the right thing
to hang on to you
and you eyes
they glow so beautifully
even brighter than the sun

and i remember the time when
we met for the first the first time by the pool
and the warmth
the waters
the voices of the people
comes back all to me
and how we were both too shy to ask for names
and how we just begun a conversation
as if we had known each other for years
and i think that was the time
we might have actually clicked
and probably the only reason
to keep on believing in you

i loved your presence more than i should
and more than mine
and maybe i might not
love you like lovers do
but i love you as a friend and
you are the most special
being on thia planet
who is worth to be written as a poem
and make me hold on to this
soon-to-be meaningless friendship
that i hold still so tightly
in my heart and i guess
all the jealousy of this image
of this perfect girl that you love
and no one can compare to her
i still believe that you might be worth the time

2 comments:

  1. You'll be fav blog! Keep it up and looking forward to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. theres a typing error but overall this is touching :)

    ReplyDelete